Thursday, October 18, 2012

Beer Tastings: Breckenridge Autumn Ale

Man, talk about dedication! After promising 10 reviews this week I almost shorted you guys one tonight. I hope you appreciate it! Hell, even if you don't I have fun writing these things so que sera. So, on to Breckenridge Autumn Ale? Alrighty then...
 

Autumn Ale is quality! The end. Just kidding.

Autumn Ale is considered an Old Ale and it pours a dark brown/black color almost of the stout variety. Aromatically, you'll pickup chocolate and coffee notes in addition to a roasted or toasted malt presence.

Surprisingly, not only did Autumn Ale look but it drank a lot like a stout. It was fairly bitter and the over riding taste I could pick up on was a dark chocolate and coffee flavor that I quite liked. This lands in the realm of fall beers with original flavors and it's definitely worth a pickup. It might seem like I'm being lazy or overselling this beer because I don't have a whole to say but that isn't the case at all. No, this isn't a deeply complex beer but that's precisely what makes it so great. It's a straight forward beer that tastes good. Sometimes, that's all you need.

Style: Old Ale
ABV: 6.7
IBU: 21

No comments:

Post a Comment