Thursday, February 14, 2013

Blue Crab

Wow! I really have a serious backlog of restaurant reviews to get through. I'm just now getting to some of the places we visited last summer when my family took a little vacation to Bethany Beach, Delaware.  Blue Crab is first on the list, and it's also first in our hearts. It's hard to get 6 adults all agreeing on a place for a dinner. But, agree we do, and I highly recommend you try Blue Crab out if you ever find yourself in the area.

Blue Crab is everything you want in a beach restaurant. The atmosphere is laid back, the staff is friendly, and the seafood is delicious. I'm pretty sure my sister started planning for this dinner 8 months in advance, and she is probably well into plans for the next visit considering how long I waited to write this review. It's safe to say that as long as they offer the blue crab saute on their menu Lauren will be ordering up this little bit of heaven. What makes it so good to her and the others that tasted the saute at our table was the simple way it was prepared. Jumbo lump crab meat, a little butter and old bay is all it took to make an awesome dish.

My brother and bro-in-law both ordered the Seafood Combo which consists of snow crab, mussels, clams, and shrimp. When I asked them how it tasted I got a fairly simple response. It was plentiful and tasted like the ocean. I can definitely vouch that it was plentiful as it took both of them a hell of a long time to put it all down. But, that's what beach eating is all about, right? Take your time, enjoy the food and surroundings, and leave with a full belly.


As for me, I went with the Fried Shrimp Dinner. Fried shrimp is probably about as basic as you can get when it comes to seafood, but this stuff is out of this world good. The shrimp are fried to perfection and the breading they use is excellent as well. It's light. It's crunchy. It doesn't get in the way of the shrimp.

Something else that we all love about the Blue Crab is their side dishes. A lot of times side dishes are often afterthoughts. Not here. The Mac & Cheese is creamy deliciousness. If you're vacationing with a 3 year old (like we were) or a 98 year old grandmother this Mac exists to please everyone. And the corn on the cob is fantastic. It's just like you'd make at home with whole cob boiled up and served in the husk.

No matter how much I write here, I'd never be able to convey just how much my family enjoys this place and I'm confident that you will too. So, this summer, if you're planning a trip to Delaware be sure to set aside a night to visit the Blue Crab. You'll love it.

Blue Crab on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment