Monday, July 8, 2013

Jad's Caddy Shack

I lived within walking distance of Jad's for a good year and a half before Deana and I decided we ought to finally try them out. Since then, we've probably been back ten to fifteen times. I think it's safe to say we eat there more than any other restaurant. Not only is the location great (for us), but it reminds me of the restaurants I grew up eating at in Uniontown, PA. The decor isn't fancy but the food is great, the portions are huge, and the prices are more than fair.


The main reason we return to Jad's so often is my addiction to their Beef Stroganoff. It's such a simple dish, but it's not something you find on menus very often. I can't get enough of it. The Stroganoff has tons of beef and mushrooms served on top of egg noodles and all of it is smothered in a savory beef gravy. Just as surprising is the delicious garden salad that comes on the side. I'm not the biggest fan of creamy salad dressings, but I've always loved Creamy Italian. The only problem with liking Creamy Italian is the fact that it seems like only 1 out of every 500 restaurants seem to have it as an option. It's simple items like this found throughout Jad's menu that makes me love it so much.


Deana has been a little more adventurous with the menu and has tried the Hot Turkey Sandwich, Cream of Crab Soup, and Country Fried Chicken. She loves them all, but the Soup and Chicken seem to stand out. I can't speak to the soup, but the chicken is great. You get two big pieces of chicken breast with a crispy crust that are smothered in gravy. If I weren't a certified Stroganoff addict I could definitely see getting my Jad's fix via Country Fried Chicken.

This isn't going to be one of those restaurants you see reviewed by most people. To be honest, some people might turn their nose up at a place like this because Jad's doesn't go out of their way to be fancy or put items on their menu that are trendy. But what they do, they do well and they deserve you're patronage. Jad's serves delicious food for prices that are beyond fair and sure to make you happy. And for all of you craft beer fans out there, they do a surprisingly good job with their local offerings. I've seen Raven and Flying Dog Raging Bitch on tap, and I've seen quite a few different Dogfish Head offerings in bottle. So, the clock is ticking. Get to Jad's and get there quick. There are no excuses.

Price: Cheap
Recommendation: Try something and new and visit them ASAP.
What to Order: Beef Stroganoff, Cream of Crab, or Country Fried Chicken

 Jad's Caddy Shack on Urbanspoon
Jads on Foodio54

No comments:

Post a Comment