Friday, August 10, 2012

Beer Tastings: Magic Hat Hex

Continuing on with the Fall beer theme, today we talk about Magic Hat's Hex.


After a two year hiatus, I was able to reacquaint myself with Hex last night. Hex is what Magic Hat refers to as their  "Ourtoberfest". It's an amber ale full of malt flavor that finishes with a bit of a smokey flavor. In their description they also refer to a toffee and caramel presence but I wasn't able to pick up on anything like that. For me, the most distinguishing feature of Hex is the dry mouth feel you experience. The first beer I had I didn't mind it, but by the time I moved on to my second the dryness become a little too much and it was kind of a struggle to put it all down.

On the whole, this is pretty decent Autumn beer. It's not something that I can drink over and over again, but a 6 pack spread throughout the season is definitely worth picking up. Give it a try if you haven't already.

Style: Amber Ale
ABV: 5.4
IBU: 25

No comments:

Post a Comment