Monday, January 7, 2013

Spice and Dice Thai Restaurant

Spice and Dice Thai Restaurant is easily one of the best restaurants I've come across since starting this here blog. Groupon gave us our introduction, but their delicious food and eclectic atmosphere has brought us back time and again.



After you read this post and you're planning your visit (shortly after you visit their website to print out a $5 coupon) go there with the expectation that you'll be ordering an appetizer. I'm sure all of their appetizers are delicious, but the one we keep coming back to are the Spring Rolls. The rolls are super crunchy on the outside and filled with a delicious mix of veggies and what I believe to be some sort of super thin noodles. But the best part of all is the sweet chili dipping sauce they serve it with. It's sweet. It's spicy. It's delicious and I highly recommend trying it for yourself.

For dinner, we've tried a whole slew of menu items and they were all great, but for the purposes of this blog I'm going to stick what I have pictures of. On this visit in particular I had Udon Noodle Soup and Deana went with Yakisoba.

 
As you can probably already tell from the picture alone, the Udon Noodle Soup is totally rad.  You get a huge bowl filled with tender noodles, a protein of of your choice, and crunchy vegetables that appear like hidden gems throughout the bowl. The broth is clean and flavorful. Anytime I'm in the mood for a noodle dish the Udon Noodle Soup(or their Ramen!) is never very far from my mind. 

 
But if you're not in the mood for soup or brothy meals in general I come bearing good news. Deana LOVES, and I mean LOVES the Yakisoba at Spice and Dice. And I don't blame her, because this stuff is good. Delicious noodles, vegetables, a protein, and a lovely, slightly spicy sauce (kinda reminescent of thinner Szechuan sauce) makes for one hell of a dish. If you don't like their Yakisoba, you don't like life!
 
If you've never had Thai this is a very good place to start. All the dishes I mentioned above are great, but we've also had Ramen and Jungle Curry during other visits and we've never been anything less than thrilled with our meal. The food is great and the staff is very friendly. One of the cooler things they do at Spice is Dice is feature a jazz group on Thursday nights. Good food and free entertainment ?! I'll take it every time.
 
Price: Average
Recommendation: Oh, you didn't know? Your ass betta caaaallllllllllll somebodyyyyyyyyy!
What to Order: Spring Rolls and Yakisoba
 

Spice and Dice Thai Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment