Monday, June 3, 2013

Cafe Euro

As you're all well aware, I've been on a never ending quest to find quality lunchtime spots. Thanks to a nice Groupon deal that Deana purchased we found this little Cafe tucked away in Parkville.

Cafe Euro is the perfect place to find yourself when it's been "one of those days" at the office. Inside, it feels very intimate with a few small tables and I really enjoyed the ambient electronic music they had playing. Do they live up to the title Cafe Euro? I can honestly say that it reminded me of some of the small cafes Deana and I visited on our way to and from train stops on our trip across the pond last fall and I really appreciated that.


On the day of our visit I kept it simple with a Ham and Cheese Panini and a cup of Black Bean Soup. The owner takes your order and makes your order. You have to wait a little longer, but I didn't mind. I'd rather wait 5 extra minutes for a sandwich made fresh than to have something put together knowing that the meat and cheese were sitting out in a bucket for the last hour. I'm not going to embellish and pretend that the sandwich and soup were life changing. Afterall, I had a ham and cheese sandwich and black bean soup and neither of them are very complex dishes. But with that said, they were tasty and would be able to satisfy any lunchtime visitor. 

But as good as lunch was and as relaxed as we were in the cafe what sold Deana and I on Cafe Euro was their selection of unique coffee. We ended up with a bag of apple cinnamon coffee that they freshly ground for us. It was great to wake up on weekends during the fall and start our day off with a freshly brewed cup of this stuff. I'd say it's about time I find myself back there for a little lunch and a new bag of delicious coffee. And if you're a fan of relaxing environments, good food, and great coffee you should find yourself there as well.

Price: Cheap
Recommendation: A must visit for a relaxing time and good coffee
What to Order: Ham & Cheese Panini and Coffee.

Cafe Euro on Urbanspoon
Cafe Euro on Foodio54

No comments:

Post a Comment