Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Food Lovers' Guide to Baltimore

Last week I received a review copy of Food Lovers' Guide to Baltimore from my friends at MinxEats. I haven't had a chance to read it from front to back quite yet, but what I have read left my very impressed and I'd like to share my thoughts with you. If you're reading a food blog, chances are this book is right up your alley.

My favorite part of the Food Lovers' Guide to Baltimore is the way it's organized. Each geographic region of Baltimore and Baltimore County are broken out and within each region the restaurants are listed by Foodie Faves, Landmark Restaurants, and then a final section for Specialty shops, Markets and Producers. This clean and concise way of organizing things makes it very easy to hunt down restaurant ideas.  If you know you're going to be a near Little Italy, for example, a quick perusal of the book will give you all kinds of ideas for potential destinations.

Another thing I like about this book, and one in which I'm not sure was planned or not, is the small size of the book. If you wanted to leave a copy of the book in your center console so that you have it at the ready when you're out and about, Food Lovers' Guide to Baltimore doesn't take up much space at all.

Another few areas of interest to me is the breakdown of all the local brewpubs and breweries, list of fellow Baltimore area bloggers, and a section full of recipes from local restaurants.

If you know someone who likes searching out new and exciting places to eat throughout the area, this book is a must have. It's packed full of information that will have you discovering new favorites and revisiting old favorites throughout Baltimore.


No comments:

Post a Comment