Monday, April 1, 2013

Fiesta Mexicana

It would be very easy for me to jump right in and talk about just how good the food at Fiesta Mexican is. However, before I do that I want to make sure I hit on what I think a trip to Fiesta Mexicana is all about. When you enter this tiny little 12 seat restaurant you are immediately met with a smile by the owner. He hands out menus, talks you through the menu, tells you about the different ingredients and how he chose them, cooks your meal, serves your meal, and even rings you out at the cash register. I've never felt as valued as a customer as I have when I've visited this hidden gem located in Rosedale. The owner takes immense pride in the service he is providing and we are all better off for it as customers. Obviously, I've been to a restaurant or two in recent times and there isn't another place I've come across that makes me feel as valued as Fiesta Mexicana does.


Now on to the food! I don't think there will ever be a time that Deana and I visit Fiesta Mexicana without ordering the fresh Guacamole. And when I say fresh I mean it. The kitchen is in plain view and you can watch him select the avocado, cut it up along with some onion and cilantro, and mix it up till it reaches the right consistency. The contrast of the creamy avocado and crisp onion is awesome. And if you're looking for a touch more heat the Salsa Verde served on the side is one of my favorite condiments. It's just the right heat level for me and pairs perfectly the with creamy guacamole.


On this particular visit we decided to split a platter that included a Sope, Enchilada, Fluata, and Taco. Not only was everything on that plate delicious, but it was a ton of food and our entire dinner only totaled $16.50. Deana and I both agree that our favorite on the plate were the Enchiladas. The chicken is so tender and there is nothing I like more than the green sauce they top it off with. The flavors are straight forward (nothing like the typical Mexican restaurant tries to pass off as Mexican), but all so delicious. We also quite enjoyed the quesadilla. Prior to biting in I wasn't expecting to be wowed. After all, it's just a quesadilla, right? But, man, was I wrong. This was a fried quesadilla that left the tortilla appearing almost as if it were pastry. 

When it comes to Fiesta Mexicana I feel very confident stating that this is a place everyone within a 45 minute drive should try. The food is excellent and the service is nothing like any other restaurant I know of in the area.  Give them a try tomorrow. 

Price: Cheap
Recommendation: If you claim to be from Baltimore you have to eat here. 
What to Order: Guacamole and Enchiladas. 

Fiesta Mexicana on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

  1. I think FM's quesadillas are made with corn tortillas folded and sealed like a turnover, which makes them pretty much nothing like the Americanized flour tortilla glued together with melted cheese we're all familiar with.

    What filling did you try with the quesadilla?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe the quesadilla was chicken. I know we mixed it up with potato, chicken, and beef for all the different options.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stop talking about Fiesta Mexicana! You do not deserve this special place. Fine try the Torta. Crap.

    ReplyDelete