Thursday, June 14, 2012

Yogi Castle

Looking to open your own business? Buy a yogurt machine, cut up some fruit, pour cereal in a bowl, buy some cheap plastic furniture from Ikea, and rock the Glee soundtrack over the speakers. BOOM!You've got yourself the modern day yogurt shop. I kid, I kid (but not really).

Sarcasm aside, I really enjoy stopping off at Yogi Castle on my lunch breaks or when I'm in the mood for something sweet that's not going to kill me during bikini season.


The concept of Yogi Castle is simply to make your own desert. They usually have about a dozen varieties of yogurt and a wide selection of toppings ranging from nuts to fruit to candy to cereal. You put as much or as little as you'd like in your bowl and pay by weight.

The picture above is one of my favorite concoctions from Yogi Castle. I like to pick the strawberry kiwi yogurt, top it with strawberry and kiwis and then round it out with some crunchy almonds. The fruit is always very fresh and the desert as a whole is something that is very refreshing and tasty while at the same time being healthy for you. It's not always easy to find things like that so when the opportunity arises I like to take advantage.

My guess is that if you haven't started noticing them already it won't be long before you see yogurt shops everywhere. Give Yogi Castle a try if you're looking to experience one of these do it yourself yogurt shops for the first time. It's always a winner in my book.

Price: Varies by weight, but usually cheap
Recommendation: Give it a try
What to order: Strawberry Kiwi yogurt with the fruit on top and almonds.

Yogi Castle on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment