Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Feisty Goat Pub

I'm just going to come out and say it. The Feisty Goat Pub was a huge letdown for me. They have the word Feisty AND Goat in their name. How can it not be good? Well, let me count the ways.

Once again, Groupon was the reason we ended up visiting this place as neither of us had ever heard of it before. We weren't worried though. With Groupon you either find a diamond in the rough or you're only paying half price for something you're not totally enamored with.

When you walk in you'll notice right away that it's very small and dimly lit. There isn't a whole lot going on by way of decoration. Most disappointingly, they really under deliver on the whole "Feisty Goat" theme. The only thing goat related is a head hanging up behind the bar. Other than that there's nothing goat related and I think they really missed a fun and easy way to market the place within the actual restaurant. Probably my favorite part of the restaurant is the copper bar top they have. It's not something you see every where and is without a doubt the distinguishing mark of The Feisty Goat Pub

But whatever. I like a cool ambiance and all that, but if the food is good that kind of overwrites nearly all other shortcomings when it comes to a restaurant experience. The menu was very small. It was mostly sandwiches and typical pub grub. As much as I wanted to venture off the typical wings as an appetizer path I really didn't have a choice and ended up ordering them anyway.


They weren't bad. The wings came out hot and were nice and meaty, but the sauce tasted very "out of the bottle" and that's never a good thing. In my opinion, if you're going to offer a limited menu you really need to hit a home run with the menu items you do offer. Something as simple as a wing sauce should be executed with a little more pizazz to make it stand out a little more.

For dinner, I decided to go with the burger they referred to as "The Big Goat". Being that this was The Feisty Goat this seemed like it had to be the signature dish of the place. Deana, begrudgingly went with a buffalo chicken sandwich.


The burger wasn't bad at all. You get an 8 ounce Angus burger served on brioche with roasted red pepper, garlic aioli,  melted goat cheese, lettuce and tomato. The only thing I would change about the burger is reducing the size of the red pepper. I love red pepper, but too much totally over powers whatever it is you're eating it with. The goat cheese, though, that was a nice change up to the typical burger.

Deana's buffalo chicken sandwich, on the other hand, was very bland and dry. Again, it was very disappointing to end up with mediocre food when we were almost pigeonholed into choosing the items we chose due to the lack of options.

The worst part of the entire dinner was when I took the first bite of my burger. Just as I bit into it a wave of garbage juice smell shot right up my noise. At first I was a little concerned about what I was eating. As I turned my head to tell Deana about how bad my burger smelled I saw someone from the kitchen dragging a garbage can through the middle of the bar and realized then it wasn't my food that was the issue. Rather, it was the lack of sense by the staff. I don't know the logistics of their building setup, but why they would think its acceptable to drag stinky ass garbage through the bar/restaurant while people are trying to eat is beyond me.

At that point, I had my mind made up that I wouldn't be visiting again anytime soon. The food wasn't all that good, was actually kind of expensive for what they were offering, and call my crazy but I don't want to smell garbage juice while I'm eating.

Price: Expensive for what they offer
Recommendation: I would pass on this place
What to order: The Big Goat

The Feisty Goat Pub on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment