Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Ryan's Daughter - Irish Pub and Restaurant

I'm not even going to wait to reveal how I feel about this place. Ryan's Daughter is by far my favorite Irish Pub in the Baltimore area. Once upon a time, I lived in the Towson area and I would visit this place almost bi-weekly. Sadly, it's been almost two years since I've found myself inside their friendly confines, but after revisiting this awesome Irish Pub over the weekend I promise to never let that long of a hiatus between visits take place again.

Everything about Ryan's Daughter is awesome. They have authentic Irish Pub decor. Authentic Irish food like Shepherd Pies,Boxtys, Bangers and Mash, and Fish & Chips are scattered throughout the menu. Something like 12 beers can be found on tap and that's in addition to the 20 craft beers and 10 imports they carry in bottle. Beer snobs like myself will be thrilled to find that they serve their draft beers in the appropriate glassware. And if you're a whisky drinker they have a serious variety of both Scottish and Irish varieties available. I think the single best thing about their menu is the fact that they take the time to list out each and every beer and whisky that they carry. There is nothing more annoying than walking into a pub you know carries a large variety of libations only to end up picking something at random because you could only remember one of the 450 beers the wait staff rambled off at warp speed.

Unfortunatly, I don't have any pictures of my visit, but for very good reason. As I mentioned earlier, I haven't been to Ryan's Daughter in nearly two years. That means I haven't had a chance to taste the best Rueben sandwich I've ever had and I was a little out of sorts due to all the excitement and anticipation. Add to the fact that they served our order up in record time the throught of taking a picture completely slipped my mind.

The Reuben is a perfect mix of corned beef, sauerkraut, swiss cheese, remoulade sauce, and rye bread. For me, the remoulade sauce is what it's all about. The best way I can explain the taste is to compare it to a "fresh" thousand island dressing. There is no relish in the sauce, but instead there is a celery flavor. I truly cannot get enough of that stuff. Not only does it taste great on the Reuben, but it makes a great dipping sauce for their chips which are also out of this world. My history with chips is a medicore one at best. Usually, chips equals giant soggy french fries. Ryan's Daughter's chips are CRUNCHY  on the outside with a capital C and full of creamy potato on the inside.

If you're not a fan of corned beef or sauerkraut on your sandwiches they have you covered. Try the Rachael which is every bit as good as the Reuben and is also served with the life altering  remoulade. My girlfriend ordered the Rachael and left crowning Ryan's Daughter Rachael as the Queen of all Rachael's.

Needless to say, I'm a huge fan of this restaurant and I think you'll be too. Give this place a try and then come back and let me know what you think.

Price: Average
Recommendation: Visit Ryan's Daughter tomorrow....and then don't wait 2 years before your next visit.
What to order: Ruebon with Chips. Kilkenny to wash it down. 

Ryan's Daughter Irish Pub and on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment